Monday 25 January 2010

The very beginning

Out of the blue, when I was 30 years old, my biological mother called me on the telephone.  I am specifying "biological mother" because she was a 19 year old single student, who met my biological father in the Summer of Love. She ended up pregnant and also finding out that he had conveniently "forgotten" to tell her about his wife and children in Costa Rica.  So she gave me up for adoption.

But that is not really the point of this post. The point I wish to elaborate on, is the fact that in our first phone conversation, this biological mother told me that when she was in a taxi on her way to the hospital to pop me out; there was a tornado going on just a few miles away. After she shared this fact with me, it set off a click inside my head. Suddenly the chaos that was my life all made a bit more sense.  All of those positive and negative energy ions, whirling around at the time of my birth surely had an influence on the whirlwind like life-path I have chosen to follow. I remember feeling a huge sense of relief upon learning this, and a whole lot more confident about letting life's wind tunnel take me where it will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eck-suh-lent! Lookin forward to some good reads. Hoping you are well, "Terp"